I have been looking forward to fall all year long. Fall and winter are my favorite seasons of the year. I love the cooler weather and the cozy clothes and especially sitting by the fire late night. I love the cool, brisk air and the scents that fall brings. I love the changing colors of the trees and the new birds that visit me on their way south for the winter. I love the fall sun sets. They are so gorgeous with all the beautiful colors that only the creator could paint the sky. I’m truly in constant awe at how nature truly transforms in preparation for the season change. I am also transforming along with nature.
My transformation has been happening for two years. I have come to my senses about caring for myself. I used to be the last person on my list and now I am the first. I realize that I have to take the best care of me in order to take care of anything else. I have to monitor my health more and pay attention to myself and how my natural cycle affects me and my emotions. Self-care is preached to us on all social platforms but rarely do anyone give us the true instructions on what exactly self-care is and how do I do it successfully. Well allow me to share my Self-care tips.
- Pay attention to how You feel. Your feelings are the ones that matter. Do what you have to in order to fill your cup. Rest and reset. You’ll be so much better for it.
- Arrange your schedule and activities accordingly. If you’re tired and need to rest don’t fill up your schedule with a whole bunch of tasks. Take it slow. You won’t sleep when you die, you’ll just die when you die. Sleep and rest are important.
- Take time for you to be alone with yourself. Quality time is important for every relationship. Your relationship with yourself is no different. Spend time getting to know yourself and enjoying your own company.
- Monitor your thoughts and the cycle of those thoughts. I know that there are a lot of factors that affect our thoughts. Our hormones, the phases of the moon, even the time of year. Our job is to monitor those thoughts and redirect them to a positive and uplifting state.
- Remove things from your life that do not serve you. This one is simple. It’s time for a mental and emotional declutter. Whatever it is get rid of it and let it go.
- Walk away from people and places that do not bring out the best in you. There are just some Friendships and relationships that are just not worth the drama and stress that they bring. Free yourself from these things, they will only hold you down and bring you down.
- Take the time to develop your mission statement and build your life around it. Give yourself the time to develop who you are and who you want to be. You will never regret giving yourself direction and standards.
- Find and practice the habits that will help you to be the best version of you. It’s not the big things that make up our routines. It’s the small things. The old saying that it’s all in the details is the truth.
- Don’t give up on yourself. You are worth the effort. You are worth fussing over. You are the most important person in your life.
- Give yourself some grace. Nobody’s perfect. Everyone makes mistakes and you really can’t do it all. Give yourself some grace. It’s really going to be okay.
Everyday I have to choose to keep up with my goals, my habits, my health, my body. I choose me. For once I choose me. From now on I choose me. It is a choice to put yourself last. It is a choice to neglect yourself and your health. Sometimes our head is so foggy we don’t realize that we are choosing to put other things ahead of ourselves. How on earth are we surviving this way? How are we managing our lives, our families, our careers or even our households without putting ourselves first. You are the CEO of your life. Have you ever seen a company not care for its boss? Would you treat your boss the way you treat yourself?
Your life is falling apart because you are letting yourself fall apart. Give yourself the love and attention you give everyone and Everything else. Change is good and changing how you love, treat and care for yourself is always a plus. No one is going to care for you more than you care for yourself. Make sure you are giving yourself the best care.